Position: Full time
Deadline: June 29, 2021
Certificate Number: C07PU0026/ Job Order: 2021-293/ 3 positions
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: Works with an experienced Teacher to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children and families. The Infant Toddler Teacher 2 Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
The Early Childhood Specialist provides guidance and direction for educational services and jointly, with the Center Coordinator, evaluates the job performance of the Infant Toddler Teacher 2.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties below are not intended to cover all the duties to be performed:
Work as part of a teaching team to:
- Show warm, secure, affectionate relationships and interactions with each child to create a positive climate (Note: Lifting, touching and holding a child is necessary.)
- Use the High Scope curriculum to plan environments, activities, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the High Scope curriculum for interaction strategies with infants and toddlers.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness Goals.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EDUCATION: In order to meet the minimal education requirements, please provide ONE of the following:
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Birth – 5 years OR
- Infant Toddler National CDA (*)OR
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) OR
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC) OR
- Staff Credential Verification NECC OR
- 9 college credits in early childhood education and 3 months experience in the field (480 hours) in teaching infant and toddler age children. Note: Further training appropriate to the age of children being served, may be required.
NOTE: Applicant can be placed into this position with a Preschool National CDA and must obtain an Infant Toddler National CDA within 260 days of accepting this position.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Possess a current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
- Possess or be able to obtain an appropriate Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to operate a bus and successfully complete drug testing.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer