Position: Part time
Deadline: February 23, 2024
Certificate Number: N/A/ Job Order: 2024-064/ 1 Position (On-Site)
RCMA Wimauma Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Hillsborough County, is seeking an energetic, creative, and passionate Teacher Aide.
RCMA Wimauma Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Wimauma, Florida. Our school serves approximately 340 children, with two homerooms per grade level from K-8; our small size allows us to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA is recognized as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
Employees are eligible to participate in Employee Contribution & receive Employer Match based on years of service. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay and personal time off.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Charter Academy Principal, function as a team to carry out teaching assignments. To work as a team to implement approved Charter Academy Educational program components.
- Safeguards the health and safety of all scholars.
- Supports and works collaboratively with teachers so that scholars may achieve academically in the areas of language, literacy, math, social studies, science, arts, and physical development through classroom instruction utilizing approved curricula and strategies.
- Assists scholars in developing cognitive, social, emotional, and psychomotor skills appropriate to age, grade, and ability through daily instruction and related activities.
- Establishes a good rapport with scholars and parents. Communicate the scholar’s progress effectively with parents to as to facilitate meaningful two-way communication.
- Establishes and/or supports classroom routines and procedures during After School time. Formulates scholar behavior standards in the classroom, identifies causes of inappropriate behavior, and works to correct those behaviors utilizing available resources.
- Maintains weekly/monthly paperwork/documentation related to School Readiness and provides support during parent meetings.
- Works within a team environment to share resources and strategies in order to achieve optimal results for scholars’ education and socio-emotional development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Teacher Aide 1
Must have a minimum of 60 College credit hours or have passed the Parapro test as required by Chapter 231.02 Florida Statutes. Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in an educational environment.
Teacher Aide 2
Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree. Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in an educational environment. Having passed the Parapro test is preferred.
Teacher Aide 3
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. Must have a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in an educational environment. Having passed the Parapro test is preferred.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Understand child and adolescent development through documented experience and /or appropriate course work. Have an educational philosophy consistent with the learner-centered philosophy of the RCMA Charter Academy. Have the willingness to work in teams with degreed and non-degreed coworkers. Committed to pursuing a variety of effective instructional methods. Is committed to the learning process of the student and family. Experience with economically disadvantaged families. Knowledgeable of state and local educational standards, curricula, and assessment systems. Experience with multicultural and diverse populations and settings.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.