Deadline: October 6, 2022
Certificate Number: C07PU0039/Job Order: 2022-721/2 Positions (On-site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- In the absence of a teacher, the substitute teacher is responsible for assisting with daily activities of the classroom under the supervision of an experienced, full-time teacher (if present).
- In the absence of an experienced teacher, the substitute teacher will assist under the supervision of the assigned, experienced staff member who is responsible for ensuring all safety and educational requirements meet the needs of children and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the full time teacher or other experienced staff member in delivering developmentally appropriate early childhood activities. For example, set up activities and materials, and provide appropriate interaction and guidance with children during the time of care.
- Assist the full time teacher or other experienced staff members ensure the health, safety and educational needs of children and follow classroom policies and procedures. For example, assist children with tooth brushing, hand washing and toileting; move around the classroom to engage with children and provide supervision at all times; model good eating habits; ensure that any child’s specific medical and nutritional instructions are followed; and count children as they enter and leave classroom to/from playground.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of children’s activities that meet their emotional, cognitive, social and physical needs. For example, help children solve problems by getting down on their eye level, try to anticipate challenging behaviors before they occur, and assist the teachers in comforting and nurturing children; help teacher prepare materials for the next day.
- Model appropriate behavior using positive guidance techniques at all times. For example, instead of saying “no” or “don’t do that” use redirection techniques such as “you need to…” or “I wonder what would happen if you…” or distract child with another toy, activity or story.
- Assist with the maintenance of a healthy and safe environment in all classroom activities. For example, assist with the clean-up of children’s activities and meals, ensure that the room and outside playground are free from hazardous objects or materials, and provide consistent supervision to ensure children remain in the group both inside and outdoors.
- Help parents to feel welcome and encourage their involvement. For example, greet parents when they arrive and introduce yourself, as well as when parents pick up their children; assist them in signing their child in and out of the classroom.
- Participate in all required teacher trainings and staff meetings.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
TITLE BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS (select the one that is applicable)
Substitute with no educational credential
Substitute with HS diploma/GED
Substitute with DCF 45 hours
Substitute with credentials FCCPC/CDA/ECPC/CCAC/NECC
Substitute with AA/AS degree or higher
- Member of community being served and, when applicable, farm worker background. Former Head Start or Early Head Start parent preferred.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish).
- Current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
- Attending High School or working on GED* or Vo-tech or college preferred.
* GED must be completed within 1st year of employment.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.