Position: Part time
Deadline: April 22, 2021
Certificate Number: C11MD0147/Job Order: 2021-201 /1 position
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: This position requires working afternoon hours, based on the needs of the site, and 5 days a week and includes an occasional Saturday, field trips, home visits, etc. This is an entry-level position within the school-age tutor job classification. May be assigned bus aide duties.
Maintain a warm, secure, affectionate climate for school age children, which provide opportunities to develop independence and promote self-esteem. Plan and implement classroom and outside activities that stimulate physical, social, and intellectual growth of children. Establish relationships of trust with children and their families and ensure that meaningful parent involvement is taking place. May be assigned bus aide duties, field trips or home visits.
- Attending High School or working on GED. (* GED must be completed within 1st year of employment.)
- High School diploma or GED. (Transcript documentation of passing All Competency Exams for the DCF Child Care Training.) If employee is employed in non-licensed facility, DCF Child Care Training is not required.
- It is recommended to participate in a youth development training that will be specified by supervisor.
- 9 college credits in early childhood education and 3 months experience in the field (480 hours) in teaching elementary school children.
Note: Further training appropriate to the age of children being served, may be required.
Transcript documentation of passing All Competency Exams for the DCF Child Care Training if required by work site.
Passing of DCF background screening requirements (all records at local, state and national levels).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, and interpret documents involving financial information, policy, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees or other outside professionals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Desire to work with school age children and be sensitive to their needs.
- Ability and willingness to work with professionals and paraprofessionals staff.
- Bilingual, where appropriate.
- Good physical health.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and CDL where needed
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer