Position: Full time
Deadline: February 8, 2023
Certificate Number: N/A/Job Order: 2023-077/1 Position (On-Site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Procurement Manager coordinates all facets of the purchasing function, strictly adhering to budgets and regulatory guidelines surrounding purchases funded directly by federal, state or local government sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Develops, leads, and executes procurement strategies.
- Develops a centralized procurement and contract administration system.
- Develops and communicates procurement policies, procedures, controls & reporting systems by reviewing, analyzing, and monitoring statewide procurement operations
- Develops policies and procedures; evaluates and processes requisitions, administers operational procedures governing the procurement functions, and the disposal, transfer reutilization of personal property and equipment, consistent with all applicable laws, policies, rules and regulations.
- Conducts analysis of proposals and researches market sources and vendors to locate and ensure most cost effective and competitive pricing for the purchase of supplies and services that are reasonable, allowable and allocable.
- Provides managers with accurate procurement information by assembling and analyzing monthly data, explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information to identify fiscal impact.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of all reports as required.
- Establishes standard contract clauses for use in contracts, solicitations, and purchase orders.
- Provides training and technical assistance to program/school staff regarding procurement processes as requested.
- Oversees process, obtains quotes, prepare, issue and maintain all solicitation documents in relation to DBA requirements.
- Complies with Federal, State and local laws by studying existing and new requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Protects agency operations by keeping information confidential.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and/or TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, purchasing, or related field
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years related work experience
- Ability to read, interpret, explain and properly apply rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products at an intermediate to advanced level
COMPLIANCE: Works independently under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting and the guidance of applicable federal, state, and local statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures. Ensure compliance with all funding source requirements and DCF requirements. Develop systems to ensure positive outcomes from reviews/monitoring to support high-quality services.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.