Position: Full time
Deadline: December 10, 2020
Certificate Number: C11MD0151/ Job Order: M-23-20/1 position
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: Works with an experienced Teacher to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while supporting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children and families. The Preschool Teacher 2 Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
The Early Childhood Specialist provides guidance and direction for educational services and jointly, with the Center Coordinator, evaluates the job performance of the Preschool Teacher 2.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: the duties recorded below are representative and are not intended to cover all the duties performed.
Work as part of a teaching team to:
- Show warm, secure, affectionate relationships with each child to create a positive climate. (Note: Lifting, touching, and holding a child is necessary).
- Use the HighScope curriculum to plan environments, activities, schedules, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the HighScope curriculum for interaction strategies with children.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness goals.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EDUCATION: In order to meet the minimal education requirements, please provide ONE of the following:
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Birth-5 years OR
- Preschool National CDA (*) OR
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) OR
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC) OR
- Staff Credential Verification NECC.
- 9 college credits in early childhood education and 3 months experience in the field (480 hours) in teaching preschool-age children. Note: Further training appropriate to the age of children being served, may be required.
NOTE: Applicant can be placed into this position with an Infant Toddler National CDA and must obtain a Preschool National CDA within 260 days of accepting this position.
Transcripts must be submitted to HR Department for evaluation and approval.
Passing of DCF background screening requirements.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Possess a current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
- Possess or be able to obtain an appropriate Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to operate a bus and successfully complete drug testing.
- Bilingual preferred.
Additional Comments: Teacher needs to have an AS in Early Education.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer