Position: Full time
Deadline: December 8, 2021
Certificate Number: C12DE0010/ Job Order: 2021-791 / 1 position
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: Works as a leader of a teaching team to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children. The Teacher 3 role models and mentors other teachers. The Preschool Teacher 3 Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
The Early Childhood Specialist provides guidance and direction for educational services and jointly, with the Center Coordinator, evaluates the job performance of the Preschool Teacher 3.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: the duties recorded below are representative and are not intended to cover all duties performed. Works as a leader of a teaching team to:
- Role model warm, secure, affectionate relationships with each child to create a positive climate. (Note: Lifting, touching, and holding a child, is necessary).
- Implement the High Scope curriculum to plan environments, activities, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the High Scope curriculum for interaction strategies with children.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness goals.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Mentor other teachers.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EDUCATION: Must have one of the following:
- AS degree in early childhood education or child development OR
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree and coursework equivalent* to a major relating to early childhood education (18 credits) with experience (480 hours) in teaching preschool age children.
Transcripts must be submitted to ECS for review and the HR Department for final approval.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Possess a current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
- Possess or be able to obtain an appropriate Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to operate a bus and successfully complete drug testing.
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer