Position: Full time
Deadline: October 4, 2022
Certificate Number: C07PU0027/ Job Order: 2022-739/ 3 Positions (On-Site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Works as a leader of a teaching team to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children. The Teacher 3 role models and mentors other teachers. The Preschool Teacher 3 Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
The Early Childhood Specialist provides guidance and direction for educational services and jointly, with the Center Coordinator, evaluates the job performance of the Preschool Teacher 3.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
Works as a leader of a teaching team to:
- Role model warm, secure, affectionate relationships with each child to create a positive climate. (Note: Lifting, touching, and holding a child, is necessary).
- Implement the High Scope curriculum to plan environments, activities, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the High Scope curriculum for interaction strategies with children.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness goals.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Mentor other teachers.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EDUCATION: Must have one of the following:
- AS degree in early childhood education or child development OR
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree and coursework equivalent* to a major relating to early childhood education (18 credits) with experience (480 hours) in teaching preschool age children.
Transcripts must be submitted to ECS for review and the HR Department for final approval.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Possess a current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.