Position: Full time
Deadline: August 5, 2021
Certificate Number: N/A / Job Order# 2021-185 /1 position EXTENDED
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Ensure the safe and well-being of all students and effective operation of all school systems including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, and mechanical and safety systems, furniture, and equipment within school grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures all areas of the facility, to include classrooms, desks and other furniture, office areas, hallways, and other circulation areas, outdoor sidewalks and courtyards, outdoor play areas, windows, lights, ceiling tiles, floors, mechanical areas to include air conditioning grills, and auxiliary facilities (cafeteria, area offices, labs, etc.) are scheduled for cleaning and are kept clean.
- Performs limited maintenance of furniture and equipment. Replaces light bulbs, ceiling tiles, and other items. Checks and changes air conditioning filters as needed. Identifies the need for maintenance work orders and advises the Charter School Principal accordingly.
- Completes and supervises all major facilities work as needed from start to end.
- Communicates all concerns and hazards to the immediate supervisor.
- Administers a key control system for the school facilities.
- The maintenance including window washing, all the heavy maintenance power washing, ground-up loan, and landscaping.
- Coordinates fire drills, other emergency preparedness drills and completes and assures that the required documentation records are kept at the school.
- Must complete the Plant Operator and Maintenance Checklist as scheduled. Must perform tasks as outlined on the checklist. Must submit to Principal on a monthly basis for review.
- Forecast and communicates with supervisor on any upcoming repairs and/or maintenances to promote a safe environment for faculty, students, and visitors.
- Be available after school hours for emergencies and unusual situation. Respond and address any emergencies and unusual incidents in and after school hours.
- Set up the bids.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE: Minimum High School Diploma. Experience in school transportation services if needed. 3 -5 years of experience in area maintenance, facilities, or related field is required. Knowledge of and general ability in preventative maintenance. Knowledge of and general ability in preventative maintenance. Experience in supervision in a culturally diverse setting.
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- We invest in our employees by providing Training and Professional Development opportunities.
- Working for RCMA Charter Schools is a path to a better career.
- Employees come to work at a place and commit to staying for more than just the salary
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer