Position: Full time
Deadline: October 10, 2022
Certificate Number: C10PO0688/ Job Order: 2022-688/ 1 Position/ Extended (On-site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
Purpose of Position: Oversees all activities required for the efficient operation of the Mulberry Campus.
General Essential Duties:
- Performs and is responsible for supervision of general maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems, furniture, and equipment at child development centers, rental housing and grounds, and maintains a log of inspections, repairs and purchases.
- Researches, contacts and evaluates vendor and/or contractor options.
- Submits all major facility work requests to the Director of Facilities and the Area Coordinator.
- Requests technical assistance from the Director of Facilities and follows guidance.
- Administers a key control system for the entire campus.
- Supports maintenance staff by providing direction, feedback and completing timely performance evaluations.
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with area and State Office staff.
- Manages the oversight of vehicle maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Day-to-Day Essential Duties:
- Building and Grounds Safety: Ensures that buildings and grounds are safe.
- Interior Building Maintenance: Ensures building(s) are operational in accordance with State, County and City laws and ordinance. All requests for structural changes must be approved, in advance, by the Facilities Department.
- Exterior Building Maintenance: Ensures exterior of buildings present a positive image of RCMA
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds so they are clean and well groomed
- Equipment maintenance: Ensures that equipment is accounted for and are in good working condition
- Ensures that all tasks listed within IMP (Individual Maintenance Plan) are completed within 1 month from initial request. If unable to complete IMP tasks, it is the Area Maintenance responsibility to notify both Area Coordinator and Facilities Manager within a week of request for guidance.
Education/ Experience: Minimum High School Diploma. Knowledge of and general ability in preventative maintenance.
- Experience in school transportation services
- Experience in supervision in a culturally diverse setting
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.