Position: Full time
Deadline: October 3, 2022
Certificate Number: N/A / Job Order: 2022-737 / 1 Position (On-Site)
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic, and passionate PE Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida, in Collier County. Our school serves approximately 340 children, with two homerooms per grade level from K-8; our small size allows us to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA was recently named as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
|Commitment to Equity||Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.|
|Focus on Data-Driven Results||Relentlessly pursues the improvement of school leadership, instruction, and operations, and is driven by a desire to produce quantifiable student achievement gains.|
|Innovative Problem-Solving||Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.|
|Adaptability||Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.|
|Teamwork||Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others, and is flexible and open to change.|
|Dependability||Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed work plans, and balancing of multiple priorities.|
|Personal Growth||Commitment to professional growth|
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to receive 6% Employer Contribution and eligible to participate in a 403B retirement plan. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Charter School Coordinator function as a team to carry out teaching assignment. To work as a team to implement approved Charter School Educational program components.
- To safeguard the health and safety of all pupils.
- To assist pupils to achieve academically in the content area of the elective(s) being taught through classroom instruction utilizing approved curricula and strategies. The electives might include Arts & Crafts, Computer Skills, Public Speaking or Presentation, or some other area of expertise specific to the candidate.
- To assist pupils in developing cognitive, social, emotional and psychomotor skills appropriate to age, grade and ability through daily instruction.
- Establish rapport with pupils and parents. Communicate student progress effectively with parents to as to facilitate meaningful two-way communication
- Establish classroom routines and procedures. To formulate pupil behavior standards in the classroom, identify causes of inappropriate behavior and work to correct it utilizing available resources.
- Select, develop, plan, implement and evaluate learning activities, daily lessons and pupil performance. Maintain class records and individual progress of each student
- Work as a team to develop learning and teaching strategies, discipline policy and resource identification.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in elective area preferred.
- A temporary Teacher’s Certificate may be required depending on the subject area.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in teaching is preferred.
Understand child and adolescent development through documented experience and /or appropriate course work. Have an educational philosophy consistent with the learner-centered philosophy of the RCMA Charter School. Have a willingness to work in teams with degreed and non-degreed coworkers. Committed to pursue a variety of effective instructional methods. Is committed to the learning process of the student and family. Experience with economically disadvantaged families. Knowledgeable of state and local educational standards, curricula and assessment systems. Experience with multicultural and diverse populations and settings.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, the applicant(s) are highly encouraged to get vaccinated.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.