Position: Full time
Deadline: June 27, 2022
Certificate Number: N/A / Job Order: 2022-409/ 1 Position
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
Why work for us?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for quality review, processing and analyzing of all Payroll data, electronic timekeeping, and customer service for employees assigned to specific geographic locations. To meet RCMA performance standards for this position, it is essential that the Payroll Specialist become familiar with RCMA’s Plan of Action, Employee Handbook, and Job Descriptions to implement performance standards and funding source requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES according to established internal procedures include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Verify employee changes processed by HR in ADP WFN, including but not limited to; new hires, rehires, terminations, transfers, seasonal layoffs, etc.
- Perform daily entry of Payroll changes within ADP WFN for employees including but not limited to; allocations, direct deposit, w-4, workers compensation code, accruals, hourly rate, voluntary payroll deductions, etc.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Execute time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Validate correct funding for employee allocations with Accountants and other fiscal staff for proper coding of personnel expense.
- Review Payroll reports on a semimonthly basis and provide accurate financial information within a timely manner to ensure:
- Precise processing and recording of company’s payroll.
- Transmittals contain all pertinent payroll information for each employee.
- General Ledger, Pay Summary, I-Reports, Internal Control Rosters, and OT Report and PARS are provided to the appropriate personnel.
- Process requests for verification of employment and other related inquiries within a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in a timely and courteous response to staff, auditors, and other external parties.
- Ensure that Wisely Pay Cards and any other related correspondence are sorted and mailed to designated locations in a timely manner.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves Payroll related problems or inquiries.
- Adheres to the Fiscal policies and procedures, and the performance of internal controls.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty element satisfactorily while exercising independent judgment and discretion under the general supervision of the Payroll Supervisor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual must meet age, medical, moral character and any other requirements as defined by Florida Statutes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and minimum of 1 year of payroll or office experience. Proficient with ten key calculator and computer.
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Drug Free Workplace