Position: Full time
Deadline: May 30, 2023
Certificate Number: N/A/ Job Order: 2023-345/ 1 Position (On-site)
RCMA Mulberry Community Academy, a Title I Charter School in Polk County, is seeking an Office Manager.
RCMA Mulberry Community Academy is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Mulberry Community Academy, our newest charter school is located in Mulberry, Florida, and will serve approximately 80 K-1st students in its first year. The small size of enrollment allows us to be able to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA is recognized as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to participate in Employee Contributions & receive Employer Match based on years of service. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides program support to the Charter School Principal and staff. Assists with documenting and communicating the school’s activities and administrative paperwork. High ethical standards and discretionary judgment are essential for maintaining the confidentiality of information pertaining to staff, families, and children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following however, other duties may be assigned:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for parents and visitors. Provides basic information and answers to questions about the school. Directs employees to the appropriate staff person for more detailed information and assistance.
- Orders and maintains a stock of office supplies and maintains a filing system for the school’s office documentation.
- Assists with the competition of all necessary Human Resources forms pertaining to school staff for the school principal signature/approval.
- Assists as needed with the completion of all the forms for Workers’ Compensation and student accident and injury and submits them to the WC Specialist and Risk Compliance Specialist.
- Works with the Enrollment Committee to assist with all aspects of student enrollment.
- Maintains student records (ELL, ESE, and attendance) using computerized or manual systems (FOCUS, REDIKER
- Inputs and maintains employees’ information and student enrollment information in the system for the local School District.
- Maintains student information for the direct certification lunch system and reviews all the reports to match students’ information, and codes them properly in the system. Maintains the records and updates the file quarterly.
- Provides support and assistance to facilitate student health screenings. Reviews students’ records to ensure compliance for immunization on Florida shots and updates in FOCUS.
- Prepares and submits P.O.s
- Submits teacher leave requests and assures accuracy in outlook calendar.
- Assists parents with translation and completion of forms. Provides a notary, at no charge to parents and staff when needed for official business.
- Organizes, coordinates, schedules, setup, operates, breakdown, collects money, and pays the invoice for the fall and spring Scholastic Bookfair.
- Schedules, maintains, and submits School District evacuation/lockdown drills.
- Updates Florida licenses for the kitchen, facilities, and elevator certificates.
- Purchases Christmas gifts for all ICA students. Organizes and coordinates with community relations to get donors so that students can receive a personalized gift from their wish list.
- Provides support to the principal, and administration in scheduling appointments, screening calls, processing mail, and processing district paperwork. Provides teachers with support and information regarding upcoming events and students.
- Works with staff to schedule and organize staff functions and meetings such as celebrations, and luncheons, and prepares materials for professional development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED. Three to five years of experience managing an office. Experience setting up and overseeing office systems. Must type a minimum of 40 words per minute. Travel and meeting coordination experience helpful. Must demonstrate a high level of competence in utilizing Microsoft Office software. Knowledge of Adobe and Publisher is helpful. Associate degree preferred.
- A member of the community being served.
- Possess a current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Red Cross Standard First Aid.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.