Position: Full time
Deadline: February 29, 2024
Certificate Number: N/A /Job Order: 2024-046/1 Position (On-Site)
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic, creative, and passionate 4th Grade Dual Language Teacher who can teach all content areas in Spanish for the upcoming school year!
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida. Our elementary grades serve approximately 330 children; the small size of enrollment allows us to be able to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA is recognized as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to receive a 6% Employer Contribution and eligible to participate in a 403B retirement plan. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy’s teachers are more than instructional staff members and classroom managers. They help transform children’s lives by creating opportunities for a brighter future! We are seeking teachers who will make the commitment to teach with determination, ingenuity, and purpose.
Past experiences and actions reflecting experiences and/or a commitment to the following are sought in teaching candidates:
- Engaging, interactive teaching style that boosts our students’ participation in and enjoyment of ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies lessons.
- A passion and ability to build and sustain our K-8, community school model in a rural environment.
- Previous work in an educational setting that demonstrates a relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement.
- Reflective, self-aware, and adaptable to the communication styles and work styles of others.
- Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative.
- Belief in the power of collaboration within our campus community (i.e., colleagues, students, and their families), as well as with community partners.
- Collaboration with each teacher’s grade level partner is critical to the success of our dual language program. This need for a willingness to collaborate with the other teacher is vital to the success of RCMA’s Dual Language Program.
- Excellent computer skills. (We are proud to be a 1:1 device school.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years of previous teaching experience is preferred, with at least one year of teaching at the elementary level.
- Applicants must hold a valid FL Teaching Certificate or be eligible for a FL Teaching Certificate. Applicants should be certified in Elementary Education (K-6).
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- The ESOL Endorsement is preferred, but not required.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.