Position: Full time
Deadline: November 30, 2023
Certificate Number: CHC110172/ Job Order: 2023-808/1 Position
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers, and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Mentor Teacher has knowledge and experience in early childhood child development and curriculum. The Mentor Teacher is a leader of the teachers, who provide early childhood services for children and their families to fulfill the mission of RCMA. This is the highest level of the teacher job classification and is an entry level for educational leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
Work as part of a center team or classroom teaching team to:
- Plan, implement and track professional development goals, using myHeadStart for all education staff and volunteers who work in the classroom. Work directly with all teaching staff to develop their annual professional development plan (PDP) and provide support to them in meeting their professional goals.
- Plan professional development activities to implement a high quality early childhood education program, using the High Scope curriculum to support quality teaching and learning. Mentor Teacher will use peer mentoring and self-guided study.
- Provide professional development activities for teachers to conduct developmental screenings for children. Assist center team in making referrals for disability services, when needed. With support from Inclusion Specialist, provide individualization for children with disabilities.
- Provide professional development activities for teachers to complete on-going Child Assessments, using the Child Observation Record (COR).
- Use HighScope training to help teachers implement a high quality HighScope Curriculum in each classroom using the HighScope Wheel of Learning for infants/toddlers, and preschool.
- Provide professional development activities for teachers to provide an environment that protects children’s health, mental health, and safety at all times.
- Provide professional development activities for teachers and parents when children are making transitions from classroom to classroom, home to center, and center to kindergarten.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements
- AS Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
Transcripts must be submitted to ECS for review and the HR Department for final approval.
- Driving record acceptable to RCMA’s insurance carrier.
- Experience with training and or supervising non-degreed professionals.
- Experience with economically, culturally and linguistically diverse families in a community setting.
- CLASS Observer Certification
- PQA Reliability Certification
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.