Position: Full time
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Certificate Number: CHC430659/ Job Order: 2022-045 /2 Positions
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Works with an experienced Teacher to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children and families. The Infant Toddler Teacher 2 Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties below are not intended to cover all the duties to be performed:
Work as part of a teaching team to:
- Show warm, secure, affectionate relationships and interactions with each child to create a positive climate (Note: Lifting, touching and holding a child is necessary.)
- Use the HighScope curriculum to plan environments, activities, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the HighScope curriculum for interaction strategies with infants and toddlers.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness Goals.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EDUCATION: In order to meet the minimal education requirements, please provide ONE of the following:
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Birth – 5 years OR
- Infant Toddler National CDA (*)OR
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) OR
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC) OR
- Staff Credential Verification NECC OR
- 9 college credits in early childhood education and 3 months experience in the field (480 hours) in teaching infant and toddler age children. Note: Further training appropriate to the age of children being served, may be required.
NOTE: Applicant can be placed into this position with a Preschool National CDA and must obtain an Infant Toddler National CDA within 260 days of accepting this position.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Possess a current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
- Possess or be able to obtain an appropriate Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to operate a bus and successfully complete drug testing.
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer