Position: Full time
Deadline: December 21, 2022
Certificate Number: C19IR0020/ Job Order: 2022-1014/1 Position (On-site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Works with an experienced Teacher to provide children with developmentally appropriate activities in a quality early childhood program that offers a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of young children and families. The Infant Toddler Teacher 2 Performance Standard explains in detail the essential duties and responsibilities of this position and must be used as an integral part of this Job Description.
The Early Childhood Specialist provides guidance and direction for educational services and jointly, with the Center Coordinator, evaluates the job performance of the Infant Toddler Teacher 2.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties below are not intended to cover all the duties to be performed:
Work as part of a teaching team to:
- Show warm, secure, affectionate relationships and interactions with each child to create a positive climate (Note: Lifting, touching and holding a child is necessary.)
- Use the HighScope curriculum to plan environments, activities, and daily routines for young children.
- Use the HighScope curriculum for interaction strategies with infants and toddlers.
- Observe, screen and assess young children to provide support for on-going developmental progress and achievement of RCMA School Readiness Goals.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Be an engaged partner with families.
- Manage the classroom.
- Commit to professionalism and RCMA.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EDUCATION: In order to meet the minimal education requirements, please provide ONE of the following:
- Florida Child Care Professional Credential (FCCPC) Birth – 5 years OR
- Infant Toddler National CDA (*)OR
- Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) OR
- Child Care Apprenticeship Certificate (CCAC) OR
- Staff Credential Verification NECC OR
- 9 college credits in early childhood education and 3 months experience in the field (480 hours) in teaching infant and toddler age children. Note: Further training appropriate to the age of children being served, may be required.
NOTE: Applicant can be placed into this position with a Preschool National CDA and must obtain an Infant Toddler National CDA within 260 days of accepting this position.
- Member of community being served, and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Possess a current certification in Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Pediatric First-Aid.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.