Position: Full time
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Certificate Number: C10HI0006/Job Order: 2022-392 /1 Position
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
Why work for us?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
Purpose: Transport food, serve, clean kitchen area, and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
- Pick up the food from the kitchen twice a day. Ensure that the food is the stainless steel containers and in food warmers before transporting from the central kitchen.
- Put the stainless steel containers in the electrical food warmers once arrived at the center.
- Record daily food temperatures on the Food Temperature Log.
- Record the daily temperatures for the refrigerator and freezer on the Temperature Log.
- Fix food bowls for each classroom, cover with film or foil paper, and add the date in each bowl.
- Set milk and or juice for each classroom.
- Observe meals and assist the teachers if anything is needed.
- Record the number of meals served on the Daily Meal Count within one hour of each meal.
- Clean and sanitize the preparation area after meals. Take breakfast pans back to the central kitchen and repeat procedures for lunch and snacks.
- Utilize the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) to follow health department regulations.
- In the absence of the cook, prepare the food for the children and staff by following the policies and procedures
- Adherence to all RCMA funding, DOH, and DCF requirements
EXPERIENCE: Up to 1 year of experience in preparing food for large groups.
Note: If the food transporter will perform other duties that involve classroom instruction, the individual must complete the Introductory Child Care training mandated by the Department of Children and Families.
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer