Position: Part time
Deadline: May 26, 2022
Certificate Number: C10HI0006/Job Order: 2022-317 /1 Position
Purpose: Transport food, serve, clean kitchen area, and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
- Pick up the food from the kitchen twice a day. Ensure that the food is the stainless steel containers and in food warmers before transporting from the central kitchen.
- Put the stainless steel containers in the electrical food warmers once arrived at the center.
- Record daily food temperatures on the Food Temperature Log.
- Record the daily temperatures for the refrigerator and freezer on the Temperature Log.
- Fix food bowls for each classroom, cover with film or foil paper, and add the date in each bowl.
- Set milk and or juice for each classroom.
- Observe meals and assist the teachers if anything is needed.
- Record the number of meals served on the Daily Meal Count within one hour of each meal.
- Clean and sanitize the preparation area after meals. Take breakfast pans back to the central kitchen and repeat procedures for lunch and snacks.
- Utilize the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) to follow health department regulations.
- In the absence of the cook, prepare the food for the children and staff by following the policies and procedures
- Adherence to all RCMA funding, DOH, and DCF requirements
EXPERIENCE: Up to 1 year of experience in preparing food for large groups.
Note: If the food transporter will perform other duties that involve classroom instruction, the individual must complete the Introductory Child Care training mandated by the Department of Children and Families.
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer