Position: Full time
Deadline: August 30, 2022
Certificate Number: N/A / Job Order: 2022-572 / 1 Position (On-Site)
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic, passionate ESE Resource Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida. Our elementary grades serve approximately 330 children; the small size of enrollment allows us to be able to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA was recently named as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
|Commitment to Equity||Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.|
|Focus on Data-Driven Results||Relentlessly pursues the improvement of school leadership, instruction, and operations, and is driven by a desire to produce quantifiable student achievement gains.|
|Innovative Problem-Solving||Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.|
|Adaptability||Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.|
|Teamwork||Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others, and is flexible and open to change.|
|Dependability||Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed work plans, and balancing of multiple priorities.|
|Personal Growth||Commitment to professional growth|
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to receive 6% Employer Contribution and eligible to participate in a 403B retirement plan. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
Essential Duties: To safeguard the health and safety of all pupils.
- To work with ESE Coordinator to develop a weekly schedule to serve the needs of ESE students, in accordance with their current IEP. Follow that schedule in order to meet the required instructional minutes of each ESE student.
- To plan and deliver instructional lessons in accordance with the goals specified in students’ IEP, as well as to provide support for the students’ progress in the general curriculum.
- Collaborate with general education teachers, speech therapist if applicable, and other school professionals, to instruct the students according to the IEP, to implement any stated accommodations for instruction and/or testing, and if needed to collaborate on strategies to counteract behavioral problems.
- Maintain records to support ESE students’ progress towards goals specified in the IEP; this usually consists of writing weekly anecdotal notes and keeping copies of relevant student work on file, however, the IEP is the priority document to define record-keeping.
- Document ESE students’ progress towards IEP goals on the quarterly ESE Progress Report. Communicate effectively with parents through the Progress Report, as well as to facilitate other meaningful two-way communication with parents.
- Provide data on students’ progress towards IEP goals to ESE Coordinator in advance of annual IEP revisions. Attend and contribute to IEP meetings for ESE students.
- Know current ESE compliance issues in order to meet students’ needs and comply with parents’ rights.
- Instruct other below-level students as assigned by the Director/Principal.
- Other duties as assigned by the Charter School Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Must have a valid, current Florida Teaching Certificate, with an Endorsement in some type of Exceptional Services Education. Must keep this Certificate up-to-date during length of employment.
- Must have a minimum of two years of previous experience working in an educational environment.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Understand child and adolescent development through documented experience and /or appropriate course work. Have an educational philosophy consistent with the learner-centered philosophy of the RCMA Charter School. Have a willingness to work in teams with degreed and non-degreed coworkers. Committed to pursue a variety of effective instructional methods. Is committed to the learning process of the student and family. Experience with economically disadvantaged families. Knowledgeable of state and local educational standards, curricula and assessment systems. Experience with multicultural and diverse populations and settings.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, applicant(s) should be fully vaccinated against or willing to undergo weekly testing for COVID-19.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.