Position: Full time
Deadline: August 24, 2022
Certificate Number: N/A /Job Order: 2022-558/1 Position (On-Site)
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic, and passionate Area Supervisor of National School Lunch Program for the 2022-2023 school year.
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida, in Collier County. Our school serves approximately 340 children, with two homerooms per grade level from K-8; our small size allows us to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA was recently named as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
|Commitment to Equity||Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.|
|Innovative Problem-Solving||Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.|
|Adaptability||Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.|
|Teamwork||Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others, and is flexible and open to change.|
|Dependability||Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed work plans, and balancing of multiple priorities.|
|Personal Growth||Commitment to professional growth|
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to receive 6% Employer Contribution and eligible to participate in a 403B retirement plan. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Area Supervisor of National School Lunch oversees all aspects of the breakfast, lunch, and snack program for Wimauma Community Academy and Immokalee Community Academy. The job functions include administrating, planning, directing assistance, implementing, and evaluating the program in order to meet the nutritional and educational needs of children.
- Administer the National School Lunch, National School Breakfast, After School Snack, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program and the National Commodity Distribution Program to comply with federal regulations and state rules.
- Directly supervise and monitor the RCMA’s Charter Schools for compliance with the National School Breakfast, Lunch, Afterschool Snack and Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Programs.
- Identify and evaluate new recipes and foods to assure program standards are met.
- Prepare and disseminate meal production records and menus to managers.
- Apply for USDA commodities. Plan menus to utilize USDA commodities and schedule deliveries to maximize their use.
- Work with school based staff to provide supervision and evaluation of the Charter Schools Nutrition Team.
- Plan centralized menus for all the programs for National School Lunch Program, including School Breakfast, Lunch and After School Care, Seamless Summer and the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Programs ensuring all menus meet USDA nutrition standards.
- Develop cycle menus taking into consideration USDA meal pattern requirements, nutrient content, student preferences, USDA donated commodities, food and supply costs and special events.
- Assure that the monthly menus are designed, edited, printed, and disseminated to the schools.
- Provide training for School staff based on nutrition, menu planning, food production, and food ordering to assure standardization.
- Develop written procedures for food receiving, storage, preparation, serving and clean up, including information about work simplification and the use of leftovers.
- Manage procurement for RCMA Nation School Lunch
- Identify and test new foods and supply products and pre-qualify them for purchase.
- Work with all food vendors to ensure the highest quality products for the best prices.
- Supervise the activities of the staff that perform food purchasing and ordering.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year experience working in the National School Lunch, kitchen experience, managing a restaurant, or hospital cook experience
- Must have the ability to supervise staff
- Computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Travel is required between both RCMA school campuses (Immokalee Community Academy and Wimauma Community Academy)
- Position is based at Immokalee Community Academy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, applicant(s) should be fully vaccinated against or willing to undergo weekly testing for COVID-19.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.