Position: Full time
Deadline: August 3, 2021
Certificate #: N/A / Job Order: SO-2021-365/ 1 position/Location Wimauma Area
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
If you are looking for an organization where your passion, talents, and training can contribute to a greater cause, join our team. RCMA, a nonprofit organization, is looking for a full-time Immigration Attorney to provide senior-level expertise and leadership to our expanding immigration assistance program. This position aims to increase access to and provide culturally competent immigration legal services to members of the immigrant rural communities where we operate.
The Immigration Counselor will help prospective immigrants navigate the administrative complexities that come with the immigration processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Keep up-to-date with changes to immigration law in order to practice it competently for varied client base which includes family based petitions, motions, waivers, TPS, Asylum, VAWA, U Visas, T Visas, Naturalization, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and related services
- Conduct public education and outreach on immigration law and forms of relief available
- Collaborate with local community organizations serving the foreign-born
- Provide legal counsel and representation for clients that includes analyzing and implementing legal case strategy
- Draft and file petitions in preparation for submission to the federal government issuing immigration benefits
- Represent clients in immigration court, including removal proceedings
- Utilize an immigration case management data base and keep up-to-date records needed for reporting purposes
- Maintain accurate, complete, and confidential case files
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor degree and bar membership in the U.S.; or law school graduate with high potential to pass FL bar exam within 6 months of hire
- Verifiable immigration law practice experience
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, working with people who are foreign-born representing different cultures and economic backgrounds
- Strong public speaking skills in Spanish
- Ability to manage a high volume client caseload for immigration legal benefits
- Ability to work well independently and in a small team of immigration advocates
- Able to work flexible hours, occasional evenings and varying daytime shifts during weekdays. Some weekend work required.
- Have or be immediately able to obtain Florida driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to RCMA’s insurance carrier.
- Some travel is required based on clients’ needs
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer