Position: Part time
Deadline: September 24, 2021
Certificate Number: CHC433049/ Job Order: 2021-513/4 positions
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: To maintain a professional, clean and sanitary facility for children, families, staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sanitation and Cleanliness of Facility:
- Sweep, mop, scrub floors weekly and as needed.
- Vacuum hallways, classrooms and any office space bi-weekly or as needed.
- Clean bathrooms, hallways, classrooms and any office space.
- Empty trash and garbage containers in all areas as specified.
- Clean trash receptacles as needed.
- Keep outside areas clean and free of trash.
- Dust ceiling fans, windows ledge, blinds etc.
- Clean doors, windows and glass doors at least once a week.
- Regular cleaning of refrigerator, sinks, microwaves at least once a week.
- Clean and supply all restrooms daily.
- Replace faulty light bulbs.
- Replace A/C filters quarterly.
- Shampoo carpets and upholstery as needed.
- Pressure clean sidewalks as needed.
- Water outside & inside plants.
- Paint offices as directed. Periodic touch up of paint as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any items that need to be replaced or fixed.
- Make sure all necessary supplies are fully stocked, i.e. kitchen, bathroom and cleaning supplies.
- At a minimum take inventory of supplies, complete supply form and submit to supervisor for ordering.
- Other duties as requested.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
- Member of community being served and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Custodial experience preferred including a strong working knowledge of good housekeeping principals.
- Experience working with cleaning chemicals and machines helpful.
Additional Comments: This is a temporary position for one year.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer