Position: Full time
Deadline: February 17, 2023
Certificate Number: CHC433049 /Job Order: 2023-118/ 2 Positions (On-Site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in childcare and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To maintain a professional, clean and sanitary facility for children, families, staff and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sanitation and Cleanliness of Facility
- Sweep, mop, scrub floors weekly and as needed.
- Vacuum hallways, classrooms and any office space bi-weekly or as needed.
- Clean bathrooms, hallways, classrooms and any office space.
- Empty trash and garbage containers in all areas as specified.
- Clean trash receptacles as needed.
- Keep outside areas clean and free of trash.
- Dust ceiling fans, windows ledge, blinds etc.
- Clean doors, windows and glass doors at least once a week.
- Regular cleaning of refrigerator, sinks, microwaves at least once a week.
- Clean and supply all restrooms daily.
- Replace faulty light bulbs.
- Replace A/C filters quarterly.
- Shampoo carpets and upholstery as needed.
- Pressure-clean sidewalks as needed.
- Water outside & inside plants.
- Paint offices as directed. Periodic touch-up of paint as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any items that need to be replaced or fixed.
- Make sure all necessary supplies are fully stocked, i.e., kitchen, bathroom and cleaning supplies.
- At a minimum take inventory of supplies, complete supply form and submit to supervisor for ordering.
- Other duties as requested.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
- Member of community being served and, when applicable, farm worker background.
- Custodial experience preferred including a strong working knowledge of good housekeeping principals.
- Experience working with cleaning chemicals and machines helpful.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.