Position: Full time
Deadline: June 29, 2021
Certificate Number: C07PU0026/Job Order: 2021-294/ 1 position
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: Prepare and cook meals for children and staff by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Prepares quality nutritional meals for children and staff according to USDA guidelines. Prepares substitute items for children on restricted diets. Follows centralized menus. Uses RCMA Food Usage Chart book (Food Buying Guide) preparing and cooking amounts.
- Plans according to the weekly menu and takes inventory before placing food orders. Purchases and maintains adequate stock of food and kitchen supplies for the center.
- Receives goods and compares against delivery invoice. Checks goods for freshness, quality, and condition. Marks and dates goods received using the FIFO method.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary kitchen, pantry, and storage areas. Kitchen is to be kept clean, dishes washed, refrigerator, freezer and stoves clean. Ensures all equipment is in proper working condition. Utilizes the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) to follow health department regulations.
- Provides mentoring and training to new cooks. Provides ongoing communication about new cook’s performance to center coordinator (if applicable).
- Maintains kitchen records in accordance with RCMA procedures and the USDA Child Care Food Program regulations and policies.
- Reports all accidents/incidents Immediately to center coordinator as required by RCMA’s insurances.
- Prepares meals for special events or occasions as requested.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in preparing food for large groups.
OTHER: Must be age 21 or older and have or be able to obtain a Florida Driver’s License and must have dependable transportation.
Job requires that within six months of employment a Food Handlers Certificate or Health department Certificate must be obtained.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer