Position: Full time
Deadline: November 28, 2023
Certificate Number: C10PO0154 /Job Order: 2023-801/1 Position (On-Site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in childcare and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 3 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers, and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Prepare and cook meals for children and staff by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Prepare quality nutritional meals for children and staff according to USDA guidelines. Prepares substitute items for children on restricted diets. Follows centralized menus. Uses RCMA Food Usage Chartbook (Food Buying Guide) preparing and cooking amounts.
- Plan according to the weekly menu and take inventory before placing food orders. Purchase and maintain an adequate stock of food and kitchen supplies for the center.
- Receive food delivery and compares them against delivery invoices. Check food for freshness, quality, and condition.
- Mark and date food received using the FIFO method.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen, pantry, and storage area.
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working condition.
- Utilize the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) to follow health department regulations.
- Provide mentoring and training to new cooks and food transporters. Provide ongoing communication about the new cook’s performance and food transporter’s performance to the center coordinator (if applicable).
- Maintain kitchen records in accordance with RCMA procedures and the USDA Child Care Food Program regulations and policies.
- Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to the center coordinator as required by RCMA’s insurances.
- Prepares meals for special events or occasions as requested.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding, DOH, and DCF requirements
EXPERIENCE: Up to 1 year of experience in preparing food for large groups.
- Must be age 21 or older and have or be able to obtain Florida Driver’s License and must have dependable transportation.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Note: If the food transporter will perform other duties that involve classroom instruction, the individual must complete the Introductory Child Care Training mandated by the Department of Children and Families.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.