Position: Part time
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Certificate Number: Not Applicable / Job Order: 2021-198 / 5 positions EXTENDED
RESPONSIBILITIES / PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Charter School Director/Principal, function as a team to carry out teaching assignment. To work as a team to implement approved Charter School Educational program components.
- To safeguard the health and safety of all scholars.
- To support and work collaboratively with teachers so that scholars may achieve academically in the areas of language, literacy, math, social studies, science, arts, physical development through classroom instruction utilizing approved curricula and strategies.
- To assist scholars in developing cognitive, social, emotional and psychomotor skills appropriate to age, grade and ability through daily instruction and related activities.
- Establish a good rapport with scholars and parents. Communicate scholar’s progress effectively with parents to as to facilitate meaningful two-way communication.
- Establish and/or support classroom routines and procedures during After School time. To formulate scholar behavior standards in the classroom, identify causes of inappropriate behavior and work to correct those behaviors utilizing available resources.
- Maintain weekly/monthly paperwork/documentation related to School Readiness and support during parent meetings.
- Work within a team environment to share resources and strategies in order to achieve the optimal results for scholars’ education and socio-emotional development.
- Carry out other duties as assigned, such as, but not limited to, bus/car line duty, cafeteria duty, recess, etc…
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Teacher Aide 1
Must have a minimum of a 60 College credit hours or have passed the Parapro test as required by Chapter 231.02 Florida Statutes. Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working in an educational environment.
Teacher Aide 2
Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree. Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working in an educational environment. Have passed the Parapro test is preferred.
Teacher Aide 3
Bachelor in Arts or Bachelor in Science degree. Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working in an educational environment. Have passed the Parapro test is preferred.
Desired Qualifications: Understand child and adolescent development through documented experience and /or appropriate course work. Have an educational philosophy consistent with the learner-centered philosophy of the RCMA Charter School. Have a willingness to work in teams with degreed and non-degreed coworkers. Committed to pursue a variety of effective instructional methods. Is committed to the learning process of the student and family. Experience with economically disadvantaged families. Knowledgeable of state and local educational standards, curricula and assessment systems. Experience with multicultural and diverse populations and settings.
OTHER: Florida Statute 231.02 requires all Charter School employees to be fingerprinted. Able to work flexible hours, occasional evenings and varying daytime shifts during weekdays. Some weekend work required.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Be able to work as a team-player as well as other duties as assigned. Must have skills on how to keep students safe.
Passing of DCF background screening requirements.