Position: Full time
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Certificate Number: N/A /Job Order: 2022-406 /1 Position
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic, passionate Social Worker for the 2022-2023 school year.
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida, in Collier County. Our school serves approximately 335 children, with two homerooms per grade level from K-8; our small size allows us to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA was recently named as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
|Commitment to Equity||Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.|
|Focus on Data-Driven Results||Relentlessly pursues the improvement of school leadership, instruction, and operations, and is driven by a desire to produce quantifiable student achievement gains.|
|Innovative Problem-Solving||Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.|
|Adaptability||Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.|
|Teamwork||Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others, and is flexible and open to change.|
|Dependability||Does whatever it takes to consistently deliver with high quality under tight deadlines; successfully manages own projects through strong organization, detailed work plans, and balancing of multiple priorities.|
|Personal Growth||Commitment to professional growth|
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to receive 6% Employer Contribution and eligible to participate in a 403B retirement plan. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provides support services to students, staff, and parents. Support services include referrals, assessment, diagnostics, and report writing. This work takes place at the school site, in other public buildings, and in private residences. Considerable discretion, independent judgment and learned social work skills must be used with establishing, maintaining, and using a network of accessible community services to assist families with fulfilling their goals and becoming advocates for their children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct support service to individual students, small groups, and classrooms.
- Completes assessments and referrals with students and families.
- Completes home visits as needed.
- Provides professional social work skills and initiative to develop community partnerships to establish a network of accessible services and resources for families to use by referral and direct service (RCMA) in the Family Partnership Agreement for enrolled families.
- Provides individual and group support services to meet the developmental, preventive, and remedial needs of students.
- Supports the implementation of behavioral and educational response to intervention (RTI) and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support. Supports the identification process of students who may need a 504 plan, participate in related meetings, and appropriate follow-up paperwork.
- Consults with students, parents, teachers, and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students.
- Maintains the school SEL support program and develops activities and resources to implement and evaluate the program.
- Make oral presentations of assessments, diagnostics, home visits, and observations.
- Completes written reports as needed or as requested by Principal.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Minimum of three years of teaching, counseling, or other experience working with children similar in age to the position hired.
- Experience with training and or supervision of non-degreed professionals.
- Experience with facilitating support groups.
- Experience with economically disadvantaged families in a community setting.
- Experience in supervision, community development, and scheduling.
- Hold a valid FL DOE certificate in Social Work or Counseling.
- Applicants who are bilingual (English/Spanish) are highly encouraged to apply.
- RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, applicant(s) should be fully vaccinated against or willing to undergo weekly testing for COVID-19.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer