Position: Part time
Deadline: October 30, 2020
DCF Certificate: Not Applicable
Job Order: ICS-11-20 EXTENDED
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: This position requires working full days and afternoon hours based on the needs of the site. 5 days a week and includes an occasional Saturday, field trips, home visits, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to::
- Read and become familiar with after school program goals, philosophy, and objectives and agency policies and procedures.
- To assist pupils to achieve academically in the areas of language, literacy, math, social studies, science, arts, physical development through classroom instruction utilizing approved curricula and strategies.
- Establish classroom routines and procedures. To formulate pupil behavior standards in the classroom, identify causes of inappropriate behavior and work to correct it utilizing available resources.
- Select, develop, plan, implement and evaluate learning activities, daily lessons and pupil performance. Maintain class records and individual progress of each student
- Maintain a warm, secure, affectionate climate for school age children.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for school age children.
- Establish relationships of trust with children and their families and insure that meaningful parent involvement is taking place.
- Accompany Site Directors on home visits or individual conferences with parents as needed.
- Stimulate the thinking skills and language development of school age children.
- Provide children with opportunities to develop independence and promote self-esteem.
- Observe and record each child progress.
- Assist school-age children as appropriate with homework, worksheets and other school assignments.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Assist with the recruitment and enrollment of children.
- Participate in training and career development activities.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a High School Diploma or GED. Attending college preferred.
- Former farm worker from community where program is located.
- Desire to work with school-age children and be sensitive to their needs.
- Ability and willingness to work with professionals and para-professionals staff.
- Bilingual, where appropriate.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and reliable transportation. CDL where needed.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer