Position: Part time
Deadline: February 10, 2023
DCF Certificate: N/A / Job Order: 2023-080/ 5 Positions (On-Site)
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic and passionate School-Age Tutor.
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida, in Collier County. Our school serves approximately 340 children, with two homerooms per grade level from K-8; our small size allows us to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA was recently named as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
|Communication||Commitment to personal and professional development|
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To assist students to achieve academically in the areas of language, literacy, math, social studies, science, arts, and physical development through classroom instruction utilizing approved curricula and strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
- Read and become familiar with after-school program goals, philosophy, and objectives, and agency policies & procedures.
- Establish classroom routines and procedures.
- Formulate student behavior standards in the classroom, identify causes of inappropriate behavior and work to correct it utilizing available resources.
- Select, develop, plan, implement and evaluate learning activities, daily lessons, and student performance.
- Maintain class records and individual progress of each student.
- Maintain a warm, secure, affectionate climate for school-age children.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for school-age children.
- Establish relationships of trust with children and their families and ensure that meaningful parent involvement is taking place.
- Stimulate the thinking skills and language development of school-age children.
- Provide children with opportunities to develop independence and promote self-esteem.
- Observe and record each child’s progress.
- Assist school-age children as appropriate with homework, worksheets, and other school assignments.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Assist with the recruitment & enrollment of students.
- Participate in training and career development activities.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
|Charter School Age Tutor Trainee||High School Student
|Charter School Age Tutor 1||Has a High School Diploma or GED
|Charter School Age Tutor 2
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- 1-2 years of experience as a School Age Tutor
- This position requires working full days and afternoon hours based on the needs of the site. Five days a week and includes an occasional Saturday, field trips, home visits, etc.
- Former farm worker from the community where the program is located.
- Desire to work with school-age children and be sensitive to their needs.
- Ability and willingness to work with professionals and paraprofessional staff.
- Bilingual, where appropriate.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, the applicant(s) are highly encouraged to get vaccinated.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.