Position: Full time
Deadline: December 4, 2020
Certificate #:C10PO0688 / Job Order: D-50-20 / 1 position
Responsibilities / Purpose of Position: Safety of the children is your Number One Priority! To better understand duties and responsibilities the bus driver must obtain and become familiar with RCMA Daily Transportation User Guide before transporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
- To ensure safety of the children, must be able to follow established procedures: before leaving center, loading, unloading, loading at the center, bus stop, child safety restraint systems and transporting children with wheelchairs.
- Must be able to follow procedures on defensive driving ON and OFF the road.
- Must be able to handle all types of emergencies by following established procedures on vehicle failure, bus/van accident and evacuation plan.
- Must ensure vehicle is prepared for daily transportation by knowing: What to carry on the bus, vehicle inspection requirements, maintenance of vehicles and major vehicle repairs.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Before first day, the individual must have:
- A good driving record and be at least 21 years of age to drive an RCMA vehicle.
- A valid Florida driver’s license.
- An annual physical examination which grants medical approval to drive.
- A valid certificate(s) of course completion for first aid training and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) procedures.
- Minimum requirements are a Class C CDL with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsement. If the bus to be driven has air breaks, then the minimum requirement is a Class B CDL.
- Documentation of passing pre-employment Florida Department of Transportation Drug/Alcohol testing requirements.
- Level 2 Background Screening as required by the Department of Children and Families.
After first day, the individual must complete:
- Transportation Training of 8 hours before transporting children.
- Transportation Refresher Training of 4 hours on an annual basis.
Prior to participating in transportation complete option 1 or option 2:
DCF Transportation Safety Course or
- Early Learning Florida’s Precautions in Transporting Children
- Good reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Experience transporting children helpful.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer