Position: Part time
Deadline: September 29, 2023
Certificate Number: C10PO0688 / Job Order: 2023-633/ 1 Positions (On-Site)
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in childcare and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers, and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To escort children to and from the vehicle and manage their behavior during the ride.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty element satisfactorily while exercising independent judgment and discretion under the general supervision of the Bus Driver while transporting children. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual must meet age, medical, moral character, and any other requirements as defined by Florida Statutes. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Make the safety of the children your Number ONE Responsibility!
- Read and become familiar with program goals, objectives, and philosophy.
- Ride on bus/vehicle with children when they are being transported from home to center, and center to home.
- Keep children safe, comfortable, and occupied with songs/games while being transported.
- Know all safety procedures for vehicle/bus transportation, such as ensuring no child is left on the bus/vehicle, emergency evacuation of bus or assigned vehicle, and rules for receiving and returning children to parents.
- When a situation occurs, when the driver is unable to drive a bus that requires a driver to have a CDL, the Bus Aide must contact the school and wait for a qualified driver while caring for the children.
- Be responsible for keeping the inside of the vehicle/bus clean.
- Responsible for delivery of messages to the home as provided by the Teacher and/or School Director.
- Determine if a child is too ill to attend the center at the time he boards the vehicle/bus and return him to his parents without accepting him (Refer to RCMA Health Book).
- Keep the Daily Transportation Attendance Log.
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements
- Good driving record and must be at least 21 years of age to drive any vehicle for RCMA business.
- Must be physically able to perform emergency evacuation from assigned vehicle.
- Good reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Must have successfully completed First Aid and CPR training.
Bilingual when required by work location.RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is highly encouraged.
Addition Comments: This is a dual position has two jobs 8 hours.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.