Position: Full time
Deadline: July 1, 2022
Certificate Number: N/A / Job Order: 2022-384/1 Position
Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) is a nationally recognized non-profit leader in child care and early education. RCMA operates more than 65 centers and 2 charter schools, with a staff of 1,600 employees, in 21 Florida counties. We have grown over the years through our policy of hiring from the communities served, forging a strong bond between parents and RCMA caregivers, teachers and staff.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Would you rather have a fulfilling career than just a “job”? At RCMA, we feel lucky to work in fulfilling roles every day. Like one big family, we work hand in hand with families who need allies on their journey toward big dreams. Through empathy and compassion, we help cultivate a sense of dignity and pride in these valuable members of society and provide them with resources for growth. If this sounds like a family you’d like to become a member of, we’d love to hear from you!
In addition, RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs minor maintenance on buildings and grounds with technical assistance provided by the Facilities Department.
The Area Coordinator and Center Coordinator provides directed guidance in ensuring that the Individual Maintenance Plan is being completed with the support from the Facility Manager. Evaluation of the job performance is completed with the feedback from Center Coordinators and Facility Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following; however, other duties may be assigned:
- Building and Grounds Safety: Insures that buildings and grounds are safe.
- Interior Building Maintenance: All requests for structural changes must be approved, in advance, by the Director of Facilities.
- Exterior Building Maintenance: All requests for structural changes must be approved, in advance, by the Director of Facilities.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds so they are clean and well groomed.
- Equipment maintenance: Insure that equipment is accounted for and are in good working condition
- Perform daily and weekly vehicle safety checklist
- Report any safety deficiency to Facilities Manager and the direct supervisor.
- Ensures that all tasks listed within IMP (Individual Maintenance Plan/e-maintenance) are completed within 1 month from initial request. If unable to complete IMP tasks, it is the Area Maintenance responsibility to notify both Area Coordinator and Facilities Manager within a month of request for guidance.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements
- Other duties may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Must have sufficient experience to perform specific tasks/project with only general guidance from the Regional Maintenance Supervisor
OTHER: Must have current Florida Drivers License and have a driving record acceptable to vehicle insurance carrier. Must be at least 21 years old. Working at least one Saturday a month is expected. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and some of their sub-elements; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
RCMA believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the children and families we serve, our workforce, and the communities where we operate. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer