Position: Full time
Deadline: June 13, 2023
Certificate Number: N/A/ Job Order: 2023-360/ 1 Position (On-Site)
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, a “B” rated Title I Charter School in Collier County, is seeking an energetic, passionate Resource Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
RCMA Immokalee Community Academy, serving the area for more than twenty-one years, is dedicated to opening doors of opportunity for the children of Florida’s farmworkers and agricultural migrants. Most students in our small, community-oriented classes are English Language Learners of Central American heritage with big dreams of making their mark. Our teachers often comment on how privileged they feel to work with young people who so greatly appreciate learning! In order to best serve our student population, the school is a dual language program school (50:50, English/Spanish), with a one-way immersion model.
Our successful K-8 Charter School is located in Immokalee, Florida, in Collier County. Our school serves approximately 340 children, with two homerooms per grade level from K-8; our small size allows us to serve our students and their families on a personal level.
Redlands Christian Migrant Association, RCMA, is a non-profit corporation serving Florida agriculture workers and their children for more than fifty years. RCMA is recognized as a “Schools of Hope operator” by the State Board of Education, a prestigious designation for non-profit, charter school operators.
RCMA offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. This includes a $40,000 Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered 100% by RCMA. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Employees are eligible to receive 6% Employer Contribution and eligible to participate in a 403B retirement plan. In addition, eligible employees receive holiday pay, personal time off, and tuition assistance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Charter School Principal this position requires working with teachers and students to provide English Language Learning (ELL), Gifted and Talented, and/or Migrant services to students. Also works as a team to implement approved Charter School Educational program components.
Past experiences and actions reflecting experiences and/or a commitment to the following are sought in teaching candidates:
- Safeguards the health and safety of all students.
- Works with teachers and students to provide supplemental and migrant services to students who have already been identified. The services are done for core subject areas of ELA and Math.
- Works with classroom teachers to support classroom engagement, instruction, assessment, and data analysis. This may take the form of modeling, co-teaching, at-elbow coaching, mentoring, and other forms of coaching best practices in all contents but especially in Reading, Writing, and Math.
- Supports culturally competent learning by enhancing our learning environments, curriculum, instruction, professional development, and monthly celebrations. Works with the school principal and other staff to implement whole school and classroom activities, as well as parent workshops that build and support the rich cultural heritage of our families and help students become engaged 21st-century global citizens.
- Participates in both the leadership and MTSS teams.
- Establishes rapport with students and parents. Communicates student progress effectively with parents to as to facilitate meaningful two-way communication.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of previous teaching experience is preferred.
- Applicants must hold a valid FL Teaching Certificate or be eligible for a FL Teaching Certificate.
- A Teaching Certificate with the ESOL Endorsement and/or a Reading Endorsement is preferred, but not required.
- Applicants who are bilingual (English/Spanish) are highly encouraged to apply.
RCMA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and a drug‑free workplace.