Position: Full time
Deadline: February 2, 2021
Certificate Number: C05MA0109/ Job Order: B-02-21/ 1 position
Position & Duties (include but not limited to):
Performs minor maintenance on buildings and grounds with technical assistance provided by the Facilities Department.
The Facility Manager and Maintenance Supervisor provides directed guidance in ensuring that the Individual Maintenance Plan is being completed, and evaluates the job performance of the Area Maintenance with the Area Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Building and Grounds Safety: Insures that buildings and grounds are safe
- Will do, at least weekly, a safety inspection of building(s) and grounds and do minor repairs to resolve safety problems. If the Maintenance Worker is not qualified to do necessary repair(s), he will report the problem to the Facilities Department and site supervisor so a qualified technician can be obtained to perform the necessary repairs.
- When repairs require technical support documented follow-up action will be forwarded to the Facilities Department and site supervisor
- Emergency Lights/Exit Signs are operational and Electric Outlets are Covered
- Smoke Detector batteries will be replaced when necessary
- Playground Gate Latches will be kept in working condition at all times
- Insure kitchen equipment is in safe operating condition
Interior Building Maintenance: Insure building(s) are operational in accordance with State, County and City laws and ordinance. All requests for structural changes must be approved, in advance, by the Facilities Department.
- Maintain buildings by performing minor and routine maintenance such as peeling/cracking paint, plumbing leaks or overflows.
- Replaces AC filters, light bulbs and other related items.
- Installs items such as window shades, ventilating blinds, curtain rods, wall fans, and door locks
- Replace air conditioning filters as needed and supplies and return vents
- Replace inside and outside light bulbs as needed
- Repair leaks and overflowing faucets, sinks and toilets. Complete minor repairs of toilets or drains
- Notifies the Facilities Department concerning the need for major repairs or additions to lighting, air conditioning, heating and ventilating equipment.
Exterior Building Maintenance: Insure exterior of buildings present a positive image of RCMA
- Check for Wasps/Bees
- Clean Gutters as needed
- RCMA Signs Clean and Bright
Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds so they are clean and well-groomed by insuring that:
- Sprinklers are working
- Trees are trimmed
- Shrubs are watered
- Bike Paths are Smooth
- Mulch/Sand is 6 to 12 Inches thick
Equipment maintenance: Insure that equipment is accounted for and are in good working condition
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment. For example: Change lawn mower oil at least once a year.
- Orders necessary supplies and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform daily and weekly vehicle safety checklist.
- Report any safety deficiency to Fleet Manager.
- Ensures that all tasks listed within IMP (Individual Maintenance Plan) are completed within 1 month from initial request. If unable to complete IMP tasks, it is the Area Maintenance responsibility to notify both Area Coordinator and Facilities Manager within a week of request for guidance.
- Adherence to all RCMA funding and DCF requirements
- Must be age 21 and have or be able to obtain a Florida drivers license.
- Must have sufficient experience to perform specific tasks/project with only general guidance from the Regional Maintenance Supervisor
- Passing of DCF background screening requirements (all records at local, state & national levels).
Member of community and/or farm worker background. Bilingual (English/Spanish) where appropriate. Ability to use a use whole numbers and common fractions found on a tape measure.
Other: Previous experience in general repair work and facility maintenance is required.
Additional Comments: This Area B Maintenance Man will be shared with 3 centers in the Ocala and surrounding Area.
RCMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.